Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Thank God for Europe (Two for the price of one!)

I had originally planned a  rather weak post for today, as this challenge has gone on I have found some of the days to be very challenging.   T was beginning to look like on of these, so a Ten Things list seemed like a good idea at the time, when you see the ten things at the end of this post I hope you will agree that I was right to change my mind.   It was reading Meg's post here that made me change my mind, as I read this I prayed "Thank you God that I live in Europe"   Where we are protected and allowed to present to ourselves as the  gender we identify.   We do not have legal problems using the appropriate toilets, and can expect protection and respect from the Police.



Even little Malta, (the only country to have been awarded the George Cross so strictly speaking Malta GC) have recently enshrined transgender rights into their constitution.   I hope to be holidaying in Malta for a week later this year, and hope that I may be in a position to take advantage of this tolerance, after all Paula needs a holiday!

---------

Ten things not to say

When asked by your loved one "Does my Bum look Big in This?" do not answer


  1. Well it is a small room
  2. Which one?
  3. I don't think it's the dress
  4. Well it distracts attention from your belly
  5. Hold on while take a few steps back
  6. No, have you gone for a larger size this time?
  7. It's better than the dress you wore yesterday
  8. mmm maybe you should ask yourself if it makes you feel fat
  9. No, but maybe a bit low.
  10. Honey your bum would look big in Wyoming
And what you should say is simple "No, you look lovely"

No comments: