Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 26 April 2014

Weekend

Last weekend I threw a "Weekend Wobbly" but today I am going to bask in a peaceful, restful ordinary weekend.   I do want to pop out and see a customer about some work she wants doing, other than that I have noting I have to do, or anyone I have to see at any set time.   This may sound like a normal weekend to many of you, but I can't remember the last time this happened to me.

I have many, many things to do around the house and garden, but I am going to try to be cool with them, they may get done if I feel in the mood, or I may slob out on the sofa in front of the TV.   I have a bottle of wine and a large bag of my favorite crisps and several films recorded, so I am anticipating a totally lazy self indulgent evening tonight, and tomorrow, after Church in the morning, I think I may go and visit one of my favorite pubs.

One of the reasons I am so relaxed about taking time out is that I have just received a rather nice cheque, as compensation for some PPI I bought a few years back.   It is much more than I had anticipated and I now feel rather like Billy Bunter would have if the Postal Order from his Aunt had ever actually arrived.

I have paid off some of my debts and am now going to kick back and enjoy a day or two holiday!

No comments: