Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 30 October 2014

Holiday ~ looking forward 5

Fifth and last, last because it is only tomorrow that I leave!   I am sitting here at my desk writing this post at quarter past three in the morning as I woke up half an hour back, and couldn't get back to sleep.   I hope that after a little bit of writing and a cup of tea I will be able to.

I'm not sure what woke me up, but as soon as I was awake I was aware of an itch right across my back and shoulders, sure enough as far as I can tell with a mirror I am covered with hives, I have to conclude that this is some sort of reaction to the yesterday's waxing.   Whether the waxing itself or the cream put on afterwards doesn't really matter, the fact of the matter is that my back itches and I'm finding it very difficult not to scratch.   I have taken an antihistamine in the hope that it will help, otherwise I can think of nothing other than relying on self control ~ not generally one of my strong points!

I am pretty much packed and just need to add my toiletries and makeup and although I suspect that I am taking far too many clothes, I am surprised to find that my case is well within the weight limit.   I have y passport, my tickets, my E.U. health card so pretty much all set apart from picking up some Euros tomorrow.   I expect that throughout the rest of Thursday I will be constantly thinking of things I have forgotten, so I plan to carry a little note book with me and jot down things as they occur to me.

I am a little worried that I'm looking forward this break too much and am setting myself up for disappointment, I have had a look at the weather forecasts for the week, and to say the least they are a little mixed with even a couple of thunderstorms thrown in, still if the worst comes to the worst there is a nice bar downstairs!

No comments: