Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 7 December 2014

Advent Calendar ~ 7

Opening the door on the Advent Calendar and today we find more Betty Boop, indeed we have double Betty because it's Sunday!   I am a great fan of Betty, somehow she manages to be both sexy and innocent at the same time.   As Bob Hoskins observed in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, "Yea Betty, you still got it"

Yesterday I played with the lovely Biggin Hill Concert Band and had a very enjoyable time.   I was not the only guest playing with the band, there were a couple of old friends who were also there as guests, I hadn't seen either of them for several years, so they had not met Paula before, as seems to be my new normal neither of them cared, commented or asked, although one of them was very complimentary about my dress!

Playing the tuba and trying to be glamorous does present problems, wearing a dress or skirt and retaining a suitable level of modesty does mean that the skirts have to be pretty long and very full, as the playing position is similar to the Cello.   I have several dresses and skirts that I can wear playing the trombone or euphonium but just the two that I can wear playing the tuba, and one of those is way too dressy.   Since it would just not be right to keep wearing the same dress for every concert, I conclude that I need more black dresses.   This does seem rather strange given that at the last count I already have six black dresses.

No comments: