Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 25 April 2015

The Valley

This morning has been a good one, for me that is not always the case with Saturdays.   Saturdays are strange days for me, some are work days, some are days of driving to Cardiff, some are recovery days, and many are concert days. Today is a concert day but this morning was special.

Having only just joined a new Church I was overjoyed last week to be invited to a ladies breakfast today.  It was lovely to be totally accepted and to spend the morning with these lovely christian ladies, and the Eggs Benedict were pretty impressive too!   I had a lovely time, meeting new people chatting with them, and finding that another one of my customers is also a member of that Church.   The Church Hall looked marvelous with the tables all laid very nicely with matching napkins and tablecloths, the food was well presented and cooked by the vicar himself. We also had a good talk from a trainee minister who is about to be ordained.

If there was a theme to this talk it was about not ending up where we expect, this certainly resonated with me.   I had never expected, or planed to be where I am now, my journey has not followed any of the routes I planned at various stages of my life.

I think the major difference now is that I have handed over any long term plans to God, I am not making any decisions except the next one, and I am enjoying the journey in the Knowledge that God is alongside me.   This does not mean that my journey has not, and will not be taking me to some pretty shitty nasty places, but with God's blessing and the presence of the Holy Spirit within me those places can bloom.

"Blessed are those whose strength is in you
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage
As they pass through the valley of Baca,
they will make it a place of springs;"
Psalm 84:5-6


At the end of the morning I was given one of the table decorations, I feel so loved, and blessed to found this Church, I truly believe that it is God who brought me here and I thank him for this.


No comments: