Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 24 May 2015

Sabbath

Sometimes I wonder what normal people's lives are like ~ you know people who stop work at 5:30 and have Saturdays and Bank Holidays off.

This last few weeks I have been burning the candle at both ends, as well as loads of work (I'm not complaining, after all it's better than not enough) I have been trying to keep my van running, attending loads of rehearsals, the odd performance, a trip to Cardiff and just to add a little complication to my life I have bought a car.

This is Bank Holiday weekend, but since I am not a bank I worked yesterday and will be working again tomorrow, I even have a rehearsal tomorrow evening.   I am so glad that my orchestra have decided that since this is a holiday weekend we will not be rehearsing today, so today I am having a Sabbath!

As a Christian I should understand that we need to take a day off every week.   After all the Bible tells us that often enough, indeed I think I may well have taught on the subject as well, but there can be a gulf between understanding and doing.   So today I am doing no work.   I am going to relax, enjoy the day, have a decent meal and not worry about the tax forms I need to fill in, the waste I need to dispose of, the car than needs cleaning and the house that needs tidying up.   I can worry about all of that tomorrow.   Today I need to rest!

"So on the seventh day he rested" Gen. 2:2

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Mat 6:27

No comments: