Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 8 May 2015

This Morning

I wake up this morning in a Country that has fundamentally changed.   It's not just that we have another Tory Government, we have had those before.   I haven't liked them and I won't like this, their priorities are not mine, their attitudes are not mine, and certainly their ethics are not mine.   I am disappointed but that is not my point.

My first impression is that we are becoming a fractured Country, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all wanting different things and possibly wanting to separate.   I don't see the failure of Labour as an abandonment of left of center politics, I see it as a rise in Nationalism.   The Irish Parties are certainly Irish, with Plaid Cymru and the SNP the clue is in the name.   I suspect that much of the vote for the Tories and UKIP are as much about leaving the EU and English nationalism as they are about economics.

I worry about all this, I worry about how it will effect me, I worry about how it will affect my Family and I worry about how it will affect the poor, the disadvantaged, people with disabilities, people who are in need, and people who are different.

I hope I am wrong, but harking back to my last post, I am so often surprised by how stupid intelligent people can be, that I forget how stupid, stupid people can be.

No comments: