Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 14 September 2015

Staying in Touch

One of my friends has told me that I need to get back to regular daily postings, as one of her other favorite bloggers has stopped.   I find that I start to feel that the blogs I read are written by friends, I know them through their blogs, and when they stop writing I miss them the same as I would miss friend who moves away.

Earlier this year one of my Favorite bloggers gave up, changes in her life meant that the Blog was no longer a necessary part of her life.   I have to say that I miss her, I miss the little insights on her life, and way of life. On the face of it we would appear to have little in common, we live on opposite side of the globe, have very different occupations and pastimes; we even follow different religions.  I suspect that if we met at a normal social function we would not gravitate to each other, yet through sharing our blogs we became friends, and now she has stopped, and I miss her.

In many ways this is one of the motivators for my own continued blogging, a way of staying in contact with friends, those I have met and those I have yet to meet.

I make no promises about posting everyday, unless I am on the A - Z Challenge or doing my Advent calendar, but I will do my best to stay in touch.

Today would have been my Aunt's Birthday, to be honest I rarely think about her and was never as close to her as my elder Brother, somehow I am sure that she would have accepted me if only I had been able to honest about (and with) myself much earlier.   Looking back on my childhood and youth I am sure that she may have been a much better role model both as a parent and as a woman than my own Mother.   It also reminds me that there are still people who were very important in my past who I have yet to tell about my transition - it is better that I do that now than wait for an event where I will have to turn up and frighten the natives.

No comments: