Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 25 December 2015

Advent Calendar XXIV


It's nice to know that even at my great age, there are still new experiences I can embrace, and today I have had one of those fresh experiences. For the first time in my life I have attended a Roman Catholic Mass, not just any old Mass, but the Midnight Mass at Westminster Cathedral.

This has long been one of my favorite building, many years ago I did play there for the MonteVerdi Vespers, and the choir has a reputation as one of the best in the country (which of course also means the world as England has the best choirs) so when my friend suggested that we went I welcomed the idea.


It is a very different way of doing communion to anything I'm used to, and while there are of course many similarities there are a great many differences, and I was grateful that I did at least have an order of service telling me what was going on, and when to stand or sit.

In the morning I will be back at my own Church, celebrating the birth of Christ with my friends.   However you will be celebrating I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas

No comments: