Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 17 November 2016

It's Coming


It's got to that time of year! Remembrance Sunday has past, Guy Fawkes has passed, and this weekend we have the Transgender Day Of Remembrance.   This latest has been taking up a fair bit of my considerations recently, although maybe not as much as it should have.   With both a Holiday and a close family member in Hospital I will admit to having been distracted.   Add to that this week I have not been feeling too well myself, without wanting to go into details I am a little reluctant to get too far away from my bathroom!

Yet even with all of this the thoughts of Christmas are looming!    Some of my friends will be overjoyed about the impending celebrations, others will be profoundly depressed about the enforced conviviality.   For me it is also about the sheer number of performances that pile up during the month of December.  Yet having said that this year I only have six performances scheduled, a little less than previous years, and none of them paid! While I know that some of this decline is down to a general lack of funds (I had to turn one Orchestra down as they can no longer pay) and some is down to a severe clash of dates ~ I was offered three gigs all in the same Saturday evening ~ I feel it may actually be good for me to step back a bit and try to do a little less.   I might even be able to go to a concert or two.   I certainly want to hear my Wife's choir singing.

No comments: