Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Advent Calendar VI


A while back I wrote about how I felt a bit fat, and needed to lose a bit of weight, well I decided not to wait till Christmas in the hope that somebody would buy me some scales and bought some for myself.   It transpires that I was right, I have put on some weight, and now I have the scales I can track how well (or not) I am doing at getting rid of it.

I know that I shouldn't check too often, but I have managed a few pounds already, unfortunately it is only going to get harder as we approach Christmas ever closer. So far I have managed to avoid the mince pies, the mulled wine, ginger bread, stollen and all the special goodies, but I won't be able to hold out for long!

I strongly suspect that my weight gain is at least in part down to the hormones, and now maybe I owe a lot of people an awful lot of apologies, I have no idea how often I have observed that "losing weight is easy, just do more and eat less" suddenly it doesn't seem to work quite as easily as it used to.

No comments: