Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 17 December 2016

Advent Calendar XVII


After getting the van back yesterday I still had some work to do, by the time I had completed that and got rid of the waste I just about had time to get changed fed and off to a rehearsal of the Jazz/Blues band I play in.   This year we will be playing on a float in the London New Year's Day Parade, which is great! Not so great is the PA equipment that will be available to us, as it will only have three inputs and we are using an electric keyboard that will only leave two for the singer, the harmonica and me.   So I will be playing the tuba rather than the electric bass.

Image result for Christmas tubaI am quite happy to play the tuba but I was amazed just how ignorant some of my fellow band members of my band when it comes to other instruments.   I might have been less tolerant than usual as I had a horrible head ache all day, and now despite a good lie in I still have it this morning.   Before dashing off to a rehearsal for tonight's concert with the lovely Linden Wind Orchestra.

This will be the first time I will have played with them for many, many years but there are still quite a few friends playing and it will be great fun.


Then I only have the Carol Service at Church tomorrow and one further social concert on Monday!

No comments: