Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 8 January 2017

I'm not alone

Even though I have posted very little I have not been totally idle.   Well not totally!    I had the joy of celebrating the New Year by taking part in the London New Years Day Parade, my jazz/blues band played on the Lambeth Float run by St Christopher's Hospice .    This was great fun, maybe most of the crowd had a little difficulty hearing us but we really enjoyed playing, until the rain came, and boy did it come!   By the time we reached the end of the Parade we were totally soaked, I had to empty around 2 liters of water out of my tuba, and I think I must have been storing about the same amount in my pullover!

Although all we did was play some tunes on the back of the float it was most gratifying to be part of this, and then to find that "our" float Pegasus Arising by St Christopher's for Lambeth Council was placed second!



I'm afraid that the soaking did me no good at all and since then I have been nursing a cold, and not feeling up to much at all, at least at this time of year I know I'm not the only one.

No comments: