Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Advent Calendar VI

It was way back in 2014 that I made my first Blog Advent Calendar, looking back through some of those windows (or are they doors?) I see that some things have changed dramatically, but much is still the same.

Indeed so much has remained they same that today I am copying here my post from December 6th 2014!

As yet I have failed to do any Christmas shopping, get in the Christmas mood, or put up any decorations.

Maybe it's because it's so easy to forget what Christmas is actually all about





But I do try to remember that Christmas is when we celebrate the transcendent being made manifest.   Christ was not born in the "Bleak Mid-Winter", it probably was not a "Silent Night", but it was the moment when God started his rescue plan for man, that's what we celebrate, with Christmas it all starts to get better.

No comments: