Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 10 December 2017

Advent Calendar X


So now getting up to date, yesterday I played my final concert of the year on Tuba.   It was a genuine Christmas concert based on the Twelve Days of Christmas, it was great fun, if a little cold, and even gave me a chance to play some music I have never played before. Although my last concert on Tuba it was not my final performance by any means, next Saturday I will be leading the Croydon Brass Band playing carols in Thornton Heath; and of course next Sunday I will be playing trombone with the wonderful London Gay Symphony Orchestra, the first not really a concert and the second not really Christmassy!

And lunchtime today I was out with Cross the Line playing at St Christopher's Hospice we are a Christian Jazz/Blues Band who play for the Hospice, Churches and other organisations. Our music is a form of witness, as well as fun, I am hoping hat over the next year or so we will be able to take our music into more diverse environments
.
These days I rarely remember to get any photos to illustrate the blog, so I was very pleased that our Alto Sax player took this one while he had a bit of a break.

No comments: