Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Advent Calendar XIII


I started the day feeling old, cold, fat and ugly.   From the work point of view this is not a good time of year, which in turn means that it can be pretty miserable financially as well.   Anyway today was very much a working day, although not ideal I was working outdoors in a customers garden, of course this means I was dressed appropriately, with work boots, jeans, thick roll neck pullover, body warmer and fleece (not to mention the thermal unmentionables); more or less the same outfit that caused one of my surprised friends the other day to exclaim "Goodness! You're dressed as a man!"

Add to that I have an electrolysis session tomorrow so have not shaved since Sunday I was feeling far from glamorous! I had to pop out from my customer to pick up some insulation for her outside tap, as I was leaving B & Q there was the inevitable double glazing sales guy there, as I indicated that I had no interest what so ever in his products he just smiled nicely and wished me "a Happy Christmas Madam"   I will admit that this cheered me up so much that the rest of the working day went past a lot easier.

No comments: