Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 21 December 2017

Advent Calendar XX


My Office today!   I have now finished work for the year unless I get a better offer! Yesterday (The day when this should have been posted) was all about cutting back very overgrown laurel a very hard dense wood that soon blunts the chain on my saw, but the day before was a nice day doing some proper gardening.

I do get a little annoyed when asked "What do you do in the winter" or when a customer asks me to "Put the garden to bed till spring". In a well organised, well planted and planed garden there should be something going on all year round. With Dog Woods, winter flowering Viburnums, cowslips and pansies there should be no shortage of colour, the dead flower heads of flowers like Sedums and Hydrangeas can be quite beautiful especially when frosted  ~ add in some good structure and a garden should be a thing of beauty all year round.

These two photos were both taken in the same front garden in Bromley this week, why be dull brown and boring from November to March when you can have interest and colour?

No comments: